The air purification process is completed through dry scrubbing (adsorption and chemical reaction).NAPCEN Portable Dry Scrubber is based on the ability of activated carbon to retain most volatile organic compounds. Activated carbon is a chemically inert industrial material (or an activated material when saturated with NaOH for H2S removal) composed of a highly porous form of carbon. It is a material with an exceptionally high internal surface area which gives it extraordinary properties of adsorbtion.
The pores (whose size is variable) constitute the adsorbtive components of this material. Contaminated air passes downward through the bed of activated carbon, depositing the contaminants and saturating the pores in the carbon. Air is pushed through the carbon filter by a standard fan. The treated air is released into the atmosphere
- Chemical industries
- Pulp and paper industries
- Petrochemical industries
- Steel making
- Corn Processing Facilities,
- Food Manufacturing,
- Pharmaceutical industries
- Fertilizer production and processing industries
- Machining and Grinding exhaust,
- Fiberglass & Composite Industries,
- Utility Boilers,
- Foundries and Metal Finishing Operations.